Wood flooring might also additionally appear fragile and tough to care for, however, not anything may be similar to the truth.
A well-maintained you’ll be able to quite plenty face up to the abuse pets, kids spills, and track-in dust can bring. In fact, hardwood flooring is quite clean to maintain. Regular vacuuming is the high-quality aspect you may do as it gets rid of the fine, gritty, abrasive dirt that may scratch the finish.
Then use products that clean and protect the surface so it can continue to withstand the wear and tear and breakage of your family’s dishes. Wood floors are relatively easy to clean, but choosing the right product that suits your needs can help you get the job done faster and easier.
If you’re in search of the best hardwood cleaners, you don’t need to worry, I have mentioned the 3 best hardwood cleaners that you can buy.
Best Cleaners To Mop Hardwood Floors
- Best Overall Wood Floor Cleaner: Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Best Wood Floor Cleaner for Allergy Sufferers: Bona Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Best Concentrated Wood Floor Cleaner: Libman Freedom Spray Mop Hardwood Concentrated Floor Cleaner
Best Overall Wood Floor Cleaner
1. Hardwood Floor Cleaner Spray
Bona started out as (and is) a professional hardwood floor repair company, so it’s no wonder Bona hardwood floor cleaner cuts through sticky dirt and removes shoe prints faster than any other product we tested. Simple microfiber pad mop or buy a pre-filled cartridge that fits inside the Bona Spray Mop (below) to get the job done even faster.
- Removes sticky residue quickly
- Removes shoe marks quickly
Best Wood Floor Cleaner For Allergy Sufferers
2. Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner
This version of Bona’s hardwood floor cleaner is formulated without dyes or fragrances. It’s certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation to remove dust and other particles from hard floors, perfect for homes where family members are sensitive to irritants. It marks quickly and loosens sticky dirt well. The trigger spray is very easy to use, especially when it comes to stains and smudges. Thanks to the size of the large jug, refills are always at hand.
- No dyes or scents
- Certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation
- Removes scuff marks
- Removes sticky residue
Best Concentrated Wood Floor Cleaner
3. Hardwood Concentrated Floor Cleaner
This hardwood floor cleaning formula from Libman can be mixed with water for use in your own bucket or with Libman’s Freedom Microfiber Dispensing Mop. It did a really good job of quickly dissolving our sticky dirt and signs of use, and since it can be diluted, a little is enough. The bottle cap has a handle for easy carrying and an integrated cup for easy measuring.
Simply squeeze the bottle to fill the measuring cup with the recommended dose of cleaner and pour it straight into a bucket or Freedom Mop bottle. A small bottle produces 4 gallons of cleaner, and this innovative packaging prevents spillage and eliminates the need for a separate measuring cup.
- Dissolves scuff marks
- Removes sticky residue
- Requires diluting
Vinegar makes a great floor cleaner for wood floors.
Vinegar is a good natural cleaning product, especially for those who are sensitive to chemical cleaners.
All you need is a 1/2 cup of vinegar for every gallon of water. However, vinegar or even water alone can dull some floors sooner, meaning you’ll have to re-wax/re-seal them sooner to keep them shiny and protected.
Always check with your flooring manufacturer to determine what is the best wood floor cleaner to use. There are many cleaning products on the market that are specifically designed to clean and protect hardwood floors.
How to Clean Really Dirty Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors require frequent cleaning and maintenance to prevent grime and debris from scratching and denting the wood. When the floors become extremely dirty, certain solutions are effective at cleaning the wood.
You can substitute a dust mop for the vacuum cleaner.
- Sweep the floor thoroughly with a vacuum cleaner. Remove all loose dirt and grime from the floor’s surface.
- Pour 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in a clean mop bucket. Add 1 gallon of warm water to the mop bucket.
- Dip a cotton cleaning cloth in the vinegar solution. Wring out any excess liquid from the cloth.
- Wipe the cloth over a 3-by-3-foot section of the wood floor to remove dirt and grime buildup. Frequently rinse the cloth with warm water.
- Dry the 3-by-3-foot section of the floor immediately with a clean terry cloth. Repeat the cleaning process on each 3-by-3-foot section of the wood floor.
- Inspect the wood floor for remaining residue or grime buildup. Use a commercial wood floor cleaner to remove difficult grime and discolored finishes, according to the cleaner manufacturer’s directions.
Things You Will Need
- Vacuum cleaner
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Clean mop bucket
- 1-gallon warm water
- Cotton cleaning cloth
- Clean terry cloth
- Commercial wood floor cleaner
Do not allow the wood floor to air-dry; this can cause the wood to warp.
What is the best thing to use to clean wood floors?
You can use a commercial wood-cleaning product, like Bona or Murphy Oil Soap. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. You can also make your own cleaner by mixing one part vinegar with 10 parts warm water. Add a few drops of liquid Castile soap.
Does white vinegar damage hardwood floors?
Vinegar is an acidic substance and over time, can eat away or deteriorate the finish on a hardwood floor. The process may be hastened if vinegar is used in conjunction with very hot water. The result will be cloudy, dull, or white patches on your floor.
What is the easiest way to clean hardwood floors?
Begin by dusting or sweeping your floors well. Then make a cleaning mixture using 4 cups of warm water and a few drops of castile soap or dish soap. Do not shake, but gently mix this, then mop or scrub small sections at a time, drying them with a clean cloth or dry mop after.
How do you clean hardwood floors without sanding?
You can clean hardwood floors without sanding by following the steps below
- Mix two tablespoons of dishwashing liquid into a gallon of warm water.
- Dampen mop to clean the floor and neutralize the etcher and clean up any remaining residue.
- Make sure the mop is only slightly damp as not to cause any water damage to the floor.
- Mop in small sections and clean up puddles as they form.
How do you clean and shine hardwood floors naturally?
Ans) The tannins in tea are said to remove residue, resulting in real shine. Some hardwood aficionados swear by a mixture of equal parts rubbing alcohol, white vinegar, water, and a few drops of liquid dish soap. For scuff marks, baking soda on a damp sponge, plus a little elbow grease, can make them a distant memory.
To Sum Up
There’s no denying the natural beauty of hardwoods. In some cases, solid hardwood planks can last an entire century that is, if they’re properly maintained.
To ensure your floors hold up for decades and continue looking gorgeous, you need to clean your hardwoods regularly. There are many hardwood cleaners available in the market, the top 3 ones mentioned above are best in my opinion.